This AUP governs the use of VPS.NET’s web hosting service. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and VPS.NET regarding the interpretation of this AUP, VPS.NET’s interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern. If you have any questions regarding this AUP, contact email@example.com. As well, VPS.NET, and it's parent company, Hosting Services Inc reserves the right to refuse service within our reasonable commercial judgement. If you have any questions regarding this policy - we urge you to contact our management at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may not publish or transmit via VPS.NET’s service any content that VPS.NET reasonably believes:
- constitutes child pornography;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- clearly infringes on another person’s trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to VPS.NET; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against VPS.NET by offended viewers.
Content “published or transmitted” via VPS.NET’s service includes Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any Internet service provided by VPS.NET.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
Bulk Commercial E-Mail
You must obtain VPS.NET's advance approval for any bulk commercial e-mail, which will not be given unless you are able to demonstrate all of the following to VPS.NET’s reasonable satisfaction:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You retain evidence of the recipient’s consent in a form that may be promptly produced on request, and you honor recipient’s and VPS.NET’s requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request.
- The body of the e-mail must describe how the e-mail address was obtained, for example, â€œYou opted in to receive this e-mail promotion from our Web site or from one of our partner sites,â€ and information on how to request evidence of the consent, for example, â€œIf you would like to learn more about how we received your e-mail address please contact us at email@example.com.
- You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to easily revoke their consent – such as a link in the body of the e-mail, or instructions to reply with the word “Remove” in the subject line. Revocations of consent are honored within 72 hours, and you notify recipients that their revocation of their consent will be honored in 72 hours;
- You must post an firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address on the first page of any Web site associated with the e-mail, you must register that address at abuse.net, and you must promptly respond to messages sent to that address;
- You have the means to track anonymous complaints;
- You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner. Your e-mail must include the recipients e-mail address in the body of the message or in the “TO” line of the e-mail; and
- You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
These policies apply to messages sent using your VPS.NET service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your VPS.NET service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
VPS.NET may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or
individually, to any person who has indicated that they do
not wish to receive it.
You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your VPS.NET's services.