Is a Virtual Private Server for you?
There are a plethora of hosting options available for you out there, each one claiming to be perfectly suited to your needs. Understanding which hosting package fits your online needs can be tough, so we’ve put together this quick guide to Virtual Private Servers, explaining why they might be an option for you.
A VPS gives you your own virtual server which is stored alongside other VPS systems within a physical machine (our VPS servers are hosted from 18 worldwide locations!). This allows you to treat your section of the server as your own dedicated machine. VPS could be the option for you if your needs are too great for shared hosting but you’re not yet ready to make the leap to dedicated servers.
If you’re looking to take more control over your services, you would enjoy the freedom that Virtual Private Servers have to offer. They are often scalable (like ours), with the option to customise your hardware resources, such as RAM and CPU. You can install and configure any programs you want; the freedom is yours for the taking!
There are plenty of upsides to having a Virtual Private Server: here are a few quick-fire positives to consider:
- A VPS can be customised to meet your needs (as mentioned above) – this means that you can choose to pay only for what you want or need, with the option to change this down the line.
- Large businesses will often have the budget to run a dedicated server. As many smaller businesses are trying to keep control of their costs and not blow the budget, a VPS is a more cost-effective solution than running a dedicated server, and will give you some reliable power that shared hosting may not be able to provide consistently.
- Your VPS can grow with you; many hosts offer the opportunity to scale the hardware on your VPS depending on how much traffic your site receives, should you recognise trends in your visitors. Here at VPS.NET we give our customers the option to double their power at times of need with our Power Pack! You can find out more about Power Pack here.
- Your VPS can host as many websites as your needs dictate; it’s a flexible alternative to shared hosting which is ideal for small businesses and those who feel they’re not quite ready for a dedicated server.
- Running a VPS gives you the option of powering up with Solid State Disks, a great cost-effective way of harvesting the power of the cloud. Find out more about our SSD powered VPS here.
- Many hosts, such as VPS.NET, offer great support for their VPS customers. Going it alone in the online business world will pile extra pressure on top of your business routine. With our Virtual Private Servers we offer 24/7/365 support to take some of that strain out of your routine.
If you’re unsure as to what hosting solution could be for you, our team are on hand 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to give you a hand in making sure you make the most of our services. We can walk you through the set-up process too if you like. We’re dedicated to making sure you get the most out of the cloud, because we know just how powerful it can be. Visit VPS.NET today to get started.
This article was brought to you by VPS.net, for dedicated server hosting, cloud servers and 24/7 support visit our site here vps.net