VPS.NET has partnered with CloudLinux OS to bring the the only commercially supported OS designed specifically for the service provider market to the VPS Cloud.
- Resource isolation via LVE Technology
- LVE Technology prevents individual websites from using too many resources
- LVE Technology provides better security and protects servers from issues that drain resources for other tenants.
- Single website cannot overload the server
- Allows you to fit more sites on one server
- Lowers risk, increases efficiency and improves server performance
CloudLinux is a perfect OS for Web Hosting providers, coupled with the flexibility of the VPS.NET Cloud it makes for a perfect combo for your clients.
CloudLInux on VPS.NET is priced at $7 per month (50% off the standard $14/mo pricing), and as a released special, clients can deploy CloudLinux for FREE until June 1st.
Additional information on our CloudLinux images can be found at the Wiki.
Hosting Companies Unite to Provide Relief for Haiti.
As many of you know, beginning January 12th, a chain of earthquakes devastated Haiti leaving its people in a famine of essential supplies and support personnel to assist.
Although normally fiercely competitive, VPS.NET has joined Westhost, midPhase, HostGator, SingleHop, Laughing Squid, HostDime, iWeb, Site5, SoftLayer, Blue Box Group, Webair, and more in a community effort to exercise power as a group and achieve much more than we can alone.
We hope to make a difference. And you can too. One dollar helps. One hundred dollars helps one hundred times more.
Hosting for Haiti has partnered with the American Red Cross to provide support, which may include mobilizing relief workers, sending relief supplies, and providing financial resources for recovery.
PLEASE VISIT: HostingforHaiti.com and join us!
3 Ways to help
Donate to the International Response Fund. 100% of the funds will go to the American Red Cross Haiti Relief and Development fund
Copy this URL (http://www.hostingforhaiti.com) and place it on your blog or anywhere else you think it will be viewed.
Tweet about this! Use the hash-tag #hostingforhaiti and spread the word!
In the past it's been possible to purchase Daily Nodes at VPS.NET by scheduling a "Burst" to an existing VM, but now our clients are able to purchase Daily Nodes as a stand-alone floater node that can be used to create a new VPS or added/moved between VPS's for extra resources, a VPS can use both Daily and Monthly nodes at the same time.
This is a great way also to create a temporary VPS for testing, or for new clients wanting to try VPS.NET.
Daily Nodes can be purchases the same way as monthly nodes but are priced at $1 /day and are charged for every 24 hours until removed.
Daily Nodes include (per node) 400MHz CPU, 256MB RAM, 10GB of Storage and 10GB of bandwidth per day
VPS.NET has now introduced the ability to create "DNS Templates"
This feature allows you to create pre-defined templates to be used with your domain DNS, a worth addition to those who need to add custom records to multiple domains or dns records for application support such as Google Apps.
DNS Templates can be found under "Manage my DNS" on the VPS.NET dashboard.
VPS .NET offers an “instantly deployable” image that can have a Continuous Data Protection (CDP) Server up and running in just 60 seconds giving customers complete administrative privileges over scheduling and managing their backups.
The CDP software protects VPS.NET customers’ environments by performing asynchronous replication of the target servers and archiving only the deltas or changed blocks to disk. Each replication creates a full backup that typically only takes minutes to create, even on larger data sets. This gives VPS.NET customers the ability to perform more granular restores of individual files or folders as opposed to restoring the entire VPS.
CDP can replicate other VPS.NET virtual machines and physical servers to recovery points stored on disk. It can replicate and archive nodes inside the VPS.NET cloud as well as any Internet accessible Windows or Linux server. CDP recovery points provide VPS.NET customers the ability to perform more granular restores of individual files or folders as opposed to restoring the entire VPS.
Agent licenses can be purchase on the VPS.NET dashboard for $15 per month.
VPS.NET has just deployed 24 new Turnkey Linux appliance images plus upgrades to all existing images on all 3 of our clouds.
The complete list of Turnkey Linux images (38 in total):
- Google App Engine on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit)
- Bugzilla on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- Base on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit)
- Deki on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- Django on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit)
- DocuWiki on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- Domain Controller on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- Drupal 6 on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit)
- EC2 SDK on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- ejabberd on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- File Server on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- Gallery on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- Joomla on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit)
- LAMP on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit)
- LAPP on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit)
- Mantis on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- MediaWiki on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit)
- MoinMoin on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- Moodle on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- Movable Type on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- MySQL on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit)
- Openbravo on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- OTRS on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- PHPBB on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- PostgreSQL on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit)
- ProjectPier on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit)
- Rails on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit)
- Redmine on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- Revision Control on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- Roundup on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- Symfony on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- Tomcat on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit)
- Tomcat + Apache on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- Trac on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- Tracks on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- TWiki on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
- WordPress on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit)
- Zimbra on Ubuntu 8.04 (32-bit) "New"
Back on August we released the "Custom Templates" feature that allows users to create their own re-deployable templates or to mirror a VPS.
The feature is limited to one free template per account, but now users are able purchase additional template (in packs of 5) to build their own library of deployable images.
The price is $20 per 5 template pack.
To order, please access "Manage Custom Templates" under Manage VPS and the option to purchase the packs will be visible on the bottom left corner of the page.
On-Demand Admin Support
VPS.NET Engineers are available for server administration services. The cost is $10USD / £7 GBP per ticket and each ticket is limited to one install, issue, or question and last for 24 hours.
If your issue requires more than 24 hours of Admin time you will be required to open a new On-Demand ticket as the original ticket will be automatically closed after 24 hours.
Supported Tasks (one per ticket)
- Kernel Upgrades
- PHP / Perl Installation & Configuration
- Control Panel Configurations and Setup
- Apache Installations & Module Installations
- General Backup and Migration Assistance
- Software Installation
A more detailed list of supported tasks can be found on the "New Ticket" view on the VPS.NET CP
To open a On-Demand Admin ticket, simply select the choice on the departments section of the new ticket window.
In partnership with Server Density, VPS.NET now is able to provide you with a "Server Monitoring" tool to keep a watchful eye on your VPS and it's services.
You are now able to monitor CPU load, memory, processes, disk usage, network traffic, Apache & Nginx status from an outside location.
Keep an eye on your servers and get e-mail, SMS & iPhone alerts when things go wrong.
The price for this service is $7.50 (£5) per VPS per month.
To order, please login to the VPS.NET Portal, and select "Server Monitoring" and follow the instructions there.
We are happy to announced the deployment of over 20 new images, created purposely for the VPS.NET cloud.
The images are optimized for speed and security and clean of any unnecessary clutter apps.
A list of the images:
- CentOS Optimized
- CentOS Optimized+Apache+MySQL+PHP
- CentOS Optimized+Apache+MySQL+Ruby
- CentOS Optimized+Apache+MySQL+Ruby+PHP
- CentOS Optimized+ISPManager Pro
- CentOS Optimized+Elastix
- Debian Optimized
- Debian Optimized+Apache+MySQL+PHP
- Debian Optimized+NGINX+MySQL+PHP
- Debian Optimized+Lighttpd+MySQL+PHP
- Debian Optimized+Apache+MySQL+Ruby+PHP
- Debian Optimized+Apache+MySQL+Ruby
- Debian Optimized+NGINX+MySQL+Ruby+PHP
- Debian Optimized+NGINX+MySQL+Ruby
- Debian Optimized+Apache+MySQL+PHP+Magento
- Debian Optimized+Lighttpd+MySQL+PHP+Wordpress
- Debian Optimized+NGINX+MySQL+PHP+Wordpress
- Debian Optimized+Apache+MySQL+PHP+Wordpress
- Debian Optimized+NGINX+MySQL+PHP+Magento(E)
- Debian Optimized+NGINX+MySQL+PHP+Magento
- Debian Optimized+ISPManager Pro
- Debian Optimized+Lighttpd+MySQL+PHP+FFMPEG
- Debian Optimized+NGINX+MySQL+PHP+FFMPEG